Saturday, June 28, 2014

patterns

You only speak in the slow prose of indefinite light,
winding between chair legs and thievery to complete
thoughts. Whatever you whisper I can only believe the
knives clenched in my teeth. There is a memory of retreat
even after my surrender. An instinct for the small
maneuvers of narcotics.

The sky is a white house fostering the devil's identity of
continuous blankness; wide open the windows are draped
with absences of color. It is the longest walk across the
street to borrow anything. Night will come without stars,
a slate for chlorine dreams, whitewashed and wrung out.

The pattern recognition of thumbprints parading around
another glass. The resinous emptiness sliding down. I
often remember my innocence, or at least I always tell the
same lie. Curious how this happens. I slide my fingers
through, smudging swirls into streaks. The liquor counts
coup on my moral lassitude



.

No comments:

Post a Comment