Friday, February 27, 2015

I will crawl through the soft
Trail where the night kicks long
On the underside of limbs, the branches
Of these cotton woods are tired
From the weight of every morning.
The air thickens without buoyancy.

I would dream any dream of you.

You are a dark spot in my eye, a stain
Sliding ahead of my vision.  Where are
You when I can’t feel your hand on my
Cheek.  When the silence presses deeper
Into my hands than these beads.  Is it faith
That rubbed the effigy of a god faceless?

Impale me to your breast, a blunt
Instrument helpless in the shear force
Of desire.  Fingers clutching at the hilt,
To hold to home, to see it clear of
Fading charms.  A point connecting two
Infinities.  The shrike sings for the gift.

All my life this constant sky never
Blinked.  For a lace with no water
Every door is rusted closed, what can I
Want that you might give?  Is it tragedy
That in death you finally blot out the sun
Long enough for it to be considered shade?
I can finally see the tripwire horizon
For what it is.




.
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment