Wednesday, April 9, 2014

nine

The years thicken the shifting memories of your face, shadows sliding 
long on a winter day and a sodium vapor street light. Cigarette smoke 
effectively obscuring all but a glint. A shadow while your hair flies. 
Burning with the suns demise.
I wonder if I should make you a mix tape and how I would translate the 
insistence of this light, it is early spring and the clouds don't fill 
the sky but somewhere between here and the horizon it is raining. The sun 
light changes with the effort of passing through.
All these books, the spines and their permutations of promises. But the 
syntax doesn't stick. I pull open the drawer with the other mixes I never 
gave you. Still nothing. Pushing it closed I slide back into the couch 
and wait



.

No comments:

Post a Comment