Friday, October 24, 2014



It could be the heart in its dark cave,
desire pulling and pushing and the silence
between, but my hands are the monsters here.
I need the flesh of another set of bones.
The warm blood of another land. A new scent
to follow along the trails of night. Here
is a hollow to fill with the purr of breaths
and the echo of heartbeats. Let's ignore the
hand-drawn barrenness of winter's cold and
press ourselves into the budding sparks
of this animal heat.

If you must, leave me to the feral darkness
and the dream of long limbs, feverish bodies
hellbent to defy physics and occupy the
same space. Wallowing in the musk. Let me sleep
until the orgy of spring has passed and the furnace
of summer burns rich with torpor. I will step into
the flames of the first sunset and dance between the
knife points of stars 



No comments:

Post a Comment