Monday, October 13, 2014

Respiration

1
The void of my chest fills witlessly with another poem,
pulverized bones and hammers writ large in the pneumatic
failure. This wild flesh of abandonment, feral and fine
toothed, burning under the weight of water. Faster than my
body can break your absolutes offer no absolution. I find
blood and release it.

2
The stryofoam squelch of snow and a puff of wing beats; a
breath held too long dissipating. The trees click like firing
pins. An empty pistol and a lost map. Is this a change in the
weather, these loose tongues skipping across the frozen sky?.


3
The dirt from your fingers fills my mouth, the small
skeletons of an arid sea swim into the pools of my lungs.
Sweetheart, you never could resist sifting through the
ashes of the dead for a prize of a powdered lead slug or a
trilobite; the mineral strains of a memory. There is no
salvage in the squalor you have graced



.

No comments:

Post a Comment