Wednesday, April 8, 2015



These days my hands do not ache
for the sinuous pearlescent splendor
of my body before I was trapped
as this ghost.

These days I hardly hear the echoes from the
screams of my voiceless heart.

These days the only ocean is what swims
in my veins, such a small stain that slips
down my legs with every moon.

These days I laugh at the irony of true love
being as significant as last night’s dinner.

These days I dance as light on the water,
the smoke of brassier twirling into the
heavens, the writhing ecstasy of snakes
entwined.  But I am still anchored to this rock.

These days a dagger is a friend indeed.

These days I do not remember the feral
teeth rabid for what I used to be.  This
mouth glittering with scales and spit.
The rancid violence of hunger.

These days I am a shipwreck in a bottle
and I only wish to drown.




.


No comments:

Post a Comment