Thursday, April 30, 2015


Your shoulders gather freckles.

I know where to find potsherds, there is a place
by the river where abandoned adobe melts.
Polychromed geometry discarded near the
broken bodies of trees and the wire strung from
rusting iron crosses set to resist the siege of flood water.

The light sings through the fabric of your dress,
throwing curves into silhouette.

I know where the illegal dump is, the road veers
left but if you turn right onto the dirt road you’ll
get there. Look for the signs both for and against it.
Three friends died when they couldn’t make the turn.

I could find a home in the air of your smile.

Every day I wrap desire in a new package,
I get tired of dissecting middens for voyeuristic
pleasure but sometimes there is ketchup
when you need it.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment